Distinctive Signs is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all workers (including contractors and volunteers) as well as clients, visitors and members of the public. Hazards and risks to health and safety will be eliminated or minimised, as far as is reasonably practicable.
We are committed to providing a strong safety culture by promoting and encouraging positive health, safety and well being practices.
The responsibility for managing health and safety ultimately rests with management, and further, we acknowledge and promote workers also having an important responsibility for health and safety in the workplace.
We are committed to complying with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, codes of practice and other safety guidance material.
- Ensure the business complies with all legislation relating to health and safety
- Eliminate or minimise all workplace hazards and risks as far as is reasonably practicable
- Provide information, instruction and training to enable all workers to work safely
- Consult with and involve workers on matters relating to health, safety and wellbeing
- Provide appropriate safety equipment and personal protective equipment
- Provide a suitable injury management and return to work program
- Ensure on-site safety precautions are paramount in all our operations
- Provide appropriate systems to enable reporting
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- Follow safe work procedures, instructions and rules
- Participate in safety training
- Report health and safety hazards
- Report all injuries and incidents
- Use safety equipment and personal protective equipment as instructed